June 4 2011
Sermon by Lawrence A. Nowell
1. Man's traditions have been added to God's Bible. Mr. Nowell has a black bear that is holding up his paw to see what it has stepped on. Imprinted on a little character are the words, "pagan practices."
2. Indeed, man's traditions come from ancient pagan practices. Mr. Nowell has information today about the tallit (prayer shawls) that the Jewish men wear on the Sabbath Day. This practice is "against" the Bible. The fringes are "not" supposed to be on a shawl. They are supposed to be on your "clothing"!
3. The Pharisees take the tallit, and bless it, and then it is thrown over the rabbi's shoulders and draped like a cape. This is NOT NOT NOT in God's Bible. Many ministers also wear the tallit on the Sabbath Days, but Jesus Christ condemned and was against all the traditions of the Pharisees.
4. Also, there are religious Jews who tie Phylactery (little boxes containing commandments and they are worn to remind the wearer to obey God's commands) on their forehead and Teffelin on their arms; these are This is an unscriptural practice. Just the same as the tallit is not in the Bible.
5. Numbers 15:38-39 says, "Speak to the children of Israel; Tell them to make tassels on the corners of their garments throughout their generations, and to put a blue thread in the tassels of the corners. This applies to men and women.
6. And you shall have the tassel, that you may look upon it and remember all the commandments of the Lord and do them, and that you may not follow the harlotry to which your own heart and your own eyes are inclined."
7. Wearing tassels is to be done without outward show of religiosity, meaning they aren't supposed to be noticed by others, and they are to be on the four corners of your "CLOTHING" = NOT ON PRAYER SHAWLS of your daytime and night time clothing, seven days a week so you remember to obey the God's commandments = NOT just on the Sabbath day.
Follow the Bible instructions to put the tassels on your clothing, and NOT on a showy Prayer shawl. Be holy before the Lord.
8. Deuteronomy 22:12 repeats, "You shall make tassels on the four corners of the clothing with which you cover yourself."
9. Those who refuse to obey God's commands can read in Mark 7:7, "In vain they worship Me, teaching us doctrines the commandments of men."
10. When the Pharisee wore the tallit, it was a "yoke of bondage" when it is put on because the Pharisee had to carry out judgment on a person who broke a law and enforce immediate punishment. A murderer had to be killed. The tallit "bound" the Pharisee to carry out the sentence without mercy.
11. In the New Testament era a law-breaker may be put into jail and has a time period of grace (in which to repent), before he is punished for an evil deed. His sentence may be mitigated. Given Grace as a time to repent in.
12. Before the time of Christ there was no mercy or grace within the law for the guilty.
Within the 24 hours that Jesus was captured, it was the Pharisees wearing the tallit who condemned Yeshua to death and they declared Jesus to die. They incited Pilate to pronounce the judgment that he was to be crucified, be put to death, no mercy.
13. In the Old Testament time the law was without grace. Once a crime was committed, there was no time for repentance.
14. When a Pharisee put the tallit on, he enforced the whole law and executed judgment immediately. They pretended to be holy, when inside they were a bag of dead bones. "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! . . . ye shall receive the greater damnation." He called them "whited sepulchers, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness." Imagine Jesus looking into their hearts -- past their long religious robes, their phylacteries, the pious look, the solemn face -- and finding such terrible sins that it reminded Jesus of "dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness."
Full of dead men's bones, because the Pharisees tallit
bound them to carry out the sentence, with no mercy.
15. For preaching truth and opposed the tradition of no grace, Stephen was condemned and stoned to death, without mercy, by the tallit wearing Pharisees, carrying out the "obligation" of the tallit.
16. The tallit was similar to the Pagan Roman toga.
17. Bear Note: When the tallit was worn by the Pharisees, there was no forgiveness of sin. They were bound to enforce the whole law.
18. But in the New Testament a person was given grace, a limited time in which to repent.
19. The Obedient Church of God- TOCOG doesn't adopt the added clothing of the Pharisees.
The Obedient Church of God, focuses on converting people, not killing them. God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked.
20. Wednesday June 8th next week is Pentecost when the Holy Spirit was poured out on the disciples of Christ.
21. The tallit worn by the Pharisees symbolized no grace for the accused person.
The tallit is a "yoke of RITUAL bondage" that Christians should not wear today on their necks.
22. Acts 15:5 states: Some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, 'It is necessary to circumcise them"...
The Pharisees were all Ritual and no heart.
23. Some had unsettling words, saying, 'You must be circumcised and keep the law'--to which Paul gave no such commandment. (First Century)
24. Another "yoke of bondage" was that Peter resisted having for Christians because they were given the Holy Spirit.
25. There are ministers who will wear the tallit on the Sabbath, BUT on the Sabbath will yell out their rage upon brethren and berate members they disagree with. They unfairly pass judgment on people. No mercy, no understanding.
26. The tallit has to do with false practices added to the Bible. Deuteronomy 12:32 tell no one is to add or subtract from the Scriptures.
27. If a person keeps offending, there is a time when Grace/a time for repentance runs out.
Mercy is greater than judgment.
28. John 1:17 says, "For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth
came through Jesus Christ."
29. Bear Note: Why did the Pharisees put on a yoke of bondage signified by the tallit.
That is a contradiction of Yeshua's burden being light and Yeshua giving grace and forgiveness of sin?
30. Jesus humbled himself to wash the disciple's feet. A re-discovered truth is that Jesus put the towel around his waist to emphasize the truth that He wanted to help people to go under the grace of the New Covenant.
The Pharisees used a tallit yoke around their neck.
Christ used a yoke around His waist, to help clean peoples' feet/being.
31. Bear Note: Take the curse of the law (that the tallit stands for) off of your neck every Sabbath.
32. In Acts 15:10 Paul asked the Pharisees, "Why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
33. "For this One (Christ Jesus) has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who build the house has more honor than the house."
We are to get rid of the spirit of the Pharisees. Get rid of the traditions of men.
34. Jesus comforts us when He said, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."Mt.11:28-29.
35. Galatians 1:6-9 tells that we are called into the gospel of the grace of Christ. If we turn away from it to another gospel, a perverted one, we are to be accursed.
36. Isaiah 6:9 told the people they "Keep on hearing, but do not understand; keep on seeing, but do not perceive."
37. TOCOG has told brethren not to light candles on the night of having the Kiddish, because they were always used in pagan worship, and lighting candles is no where in the Bible.
38. Women should have long hair, "THAT" is their covering = "NOT" tallits. In the Bible times of Jesus Christ, women had long hair. One woman dried the feet of Jesus with her hair. The woman's hair is her covering.
39. When Moses led the people of Israel out of Egypt, the "entire"population left, but NONE of them entered the Promised land.
The only ones to enter the Promised Land were Joshua and Caleb.
The Israelites' hearts had not been changed.
40. The people needed to change their hearts in order to know their God. When they were told to wear fringes with a blue thread on their clothing, it was to remind to change their hearts every day all week long = not play act Christian, just 1 day a week on the Sabbath with a Prayer shawl on.
41. Just being dictated to/being told what to do, is not enough.
We must change our hearts when following laws. Ezekiel 20:24-25 records, "Because they had not executed My judgments, but had despised My statutes, profaned My Sabbaths, and their eyes were fixed on their fathers' idols, therefore, I also gave them up to [Pharisees'] statutes that were not good, and [Pharisees'] judgments by which they could not live.
42. None of the first generation of Israelites changed their hearts.
Law keepers don't change their hearts. People in the Old Testament with law only were useless.
43. The tallit around the man's neck symbolized the yoke of bondage. Christ put His towel of service around His waist.
44. On every new moon night TOCOG has the kiddish, then the foot-washing, and sing a hymn. We are to take up the yoke of grace by forgiving people and working with them. We walk under grace with Yeshua.
We follow Yeshua's example and do the Footwashing "every" Crescent Moon = once every month, just as Yeshua instructed re bread, wine, Footwashing, Hymn, all during that night.
45. Paul tells the Ephesians in 2:14-15 about the "new man." Christ Jesus is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinance (not ten commandments), so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace..."
46. TOCOG says to burn your tallits (prayer shawls), and faithfully wear fringes on "ALL" your garments, 7 days a week and include your Pajamas.
The Bible does not specify knots in the fringes, "tzitzit."
47. The Hebrew word "tallit" means "cover, cloak or sheet." Wearing a prayer shawl is outward show of religiosity.
48. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and David didn't wear a tallit. Tallits were first worn in 1800 B.C. Originally, it was a rectangular garment worn as clothing. They were used as a sheet with four corners.
49. Pharisees invented them and the change in length came in the second half of the first century and second century. Men in the Middle Eastern countries wore them as a covering.
What do you call a man who wears a $5,000.00 hat?
Answer: A Pope.
What do you call a man who wears a $100 tallit?
Answer: A Pharisee.
New Topic: People are destroyed for lack of information:
People have "scattered minds" due to the TV media's lies, and therefore people make wrong decisions. They listen to the Medias' (CNN, NBC, Fox, etc.which are controlled by the Business Corporations' agenda), which give a lack of information, so people will make wrong decisions, in favour of the Corporations.
52. Ronald Reagan was very popular as President of the Unites States. But he destroyed the U.S.A. by taking all tariffs off imported goods. Many companies left the U. S. and moved overseas. Jobs were taken away from Americans.
53. Ronald Reagan knew nothing about economics. Regan's trickle down economics (Reganomics) has caused the financial mess we are in.
And while Iran had taken U.S. hostages, Regan stopped the USA hostages from being returned until after he was elected as U.S. President. Google: "The October Surprise".
Reagan should have been hung, for selling arms to our enemy (behind Congress' back to our enemy Iran).
54. In the 1980s Regan took off all the controls on the Bankers, and Regan caused the Savings and Loans crisis of the 1980's when Mortgage rates were raised by the greedy bankers to nearly 20%.
Regan caused the 1980s loan crisis.
55. Even today's 2011 Judicial activities are unaccountable when courts and judges made laws.
Judges are only allowed to interpret "existing laws".
56. Presidents no make Laws in secret by "Executive Orders" that take away our rights, worse than the Judges do.
57. Builderbergers made choices for who was to run for President. The Bilderbergers "choose" your candidates.
58. The Hegelian Dialectic was used to create a crisis to get the United States to enter World War I I. We did not need to be involved. Germany had already been defeated at Stalingrad. German men and tanks were bogged down in mud from rains. God caused a harsh, harsh winter in Russia, and the harsh Winter killed thousands of German soldiers.
59. In World War I I German Lutherans were fighting American Lutherans!
60. Americans have killed tens of millions of people. In Iraq 1.5 million have been slaughtered, and in Vietnam 5 million Vietnamese were slaughtered!
61. This Fall the Globalist elite will divide Jerusalem. Conflicts will continue.
62. The United States has sanctions on Iran, but the Chinese and Russians supply Iran and will eventually attack the U.S.
63. The U.S.A. is running the "Arab Spring," which is the current phony set up of "new" Middle Eastern leaders.
The people of the Middle East will rebel against these "new" puppet regimes by 2015.
64. TO COG "predicted" accurately that Egypt's 30 year long time leader Mubarak, would be thrown out of office "precisely" on February 9, 2011.
65. The "Committee of 300" is establishing a New World Order with a unified church, and a monetary system, a one world government . They began setting up the churches in the 1920s and 1930s.
66. The purpose of the Committee of 300 is to destroy all National identity.
Already Europeans have no pride in their EU Nation and EU religion is bring destroyed.
67. Oprah Winfrey says there are many ways to the Kingdom.
However, the Bible teaches there is only one name under Heaven whereby we may be saved.
68. Obama says the United States is not a Christian nation.
He wants to legalize the use of drugs, which would weaken the people. Also, pornography will be considered an art form.
The Georgian Guidestones state they want to depopulate the cities of the World.
69. The U. S. is in "un"limited wars with weaker Nations, and there is starvation in 3rd world countries.
70. The Elite want to reduce the world's population from 15.5 billion to 1/2 billion.
71. Fluoride, which is Fluoridic acid, has been put into our water to control people.
72. John Lennon was starting a movement against wars as in Viet Nam , and was killed because of it.
73. GATT, NAFTA, and WTO are lies to bring in the NWO.
They mean the death nell for American Commerce. Are jobs have all gone overseas due to these programs.
74. The Federal Reserve controls the money of the United States and has transferred trillions of dollars to other countries. The Federal Reserve is a private company that pays no income taxes! Now citizens have to pay more taxes and wages are cut.
75. U.S. Highway systems are being sold to private companies, and phone systems have been sold to private companies. The NWO of "Corporations" running the World is being set up.
76. The U.S. job market is going down --it took a 77 % plunge from 232,000 to 54,000. Nine million jobs have been lost, including temporary help.
We need 500 thousand new jobs a month, just to get back to where we were. WE ARE DOOMED!
77. 1 1/2 years ago TO COG stated: We are in the birth pangs.
78. NOW: "The fig tree is sprouting." Summer is nigh now for the setup of the NWO.
79. Disasters in the world include earthquakes, rains and mud slides in China, floods, tornadoes, Heat waves in Russia, etc., etc..
80. On May 27th Obama and the U.S. Congress passed the Gestapo Act. The Patriot Act has been extended four more years. People have no personal rights.
81. People need to buy guns and ammunition because thieves come where there are no guns. In Britain home invasions are 60% greater than in the USA, because in Britain citizens are not allowed to have guns.
82. Pakistanis are being given polio vaccination shots and they are more likely to get polio than those who don't take them.
83. Jacob's Trouble is beginning. To be freed from mental slavery, we must wake up, and
follow the "True News" put out by TO COG.
84. The Israelites who left Egypt did "not" leave "that" night, they were taken out by night and day later, the 15th Aviv (Nisan).
Be a First Century Christian and come out of spiritual Egyptian slavery. They left at Boker (between the daylight periods). You must leave Spiritual Egypt NOW while there is still light/time.
85. TOCOG is leading people out of errors. We need to know what God wants His people to be. We are to change our hearts inwardly, not have outward show.
86. Elijah is a live human being. Promises are sure that he would come again.
He will turn the world upside down. Every false religious false Christian doctrine will be smashed by Elisha who will restore all things.
87. Elijah's work is CLEANSING THE HOUSE OF THE LORD. He will stop CHRISTIANS from being brats with their own ideas.
88. Paul turned the world upside down. And now Elijah will turn the world upside down "BEFORE" Yeshua comes.
89. The Obedient Church of God is the "ONLY" congregation that properly teaches:
that the International Date Line in the Pacific Ocean causes people to keep God's Sabbath on the "wrong" day.
90. Elisha isn't a pushover. When young men mocked Elisha, as he approached Bethel:
A.) This was "not" a group of children approaching Elisha. This was a mob of "young MEN".
B.) 42 members of this riotous mob "WERE" mauled by the 2 Bears. The 2 Bears are the 2 Witnesses.
42 mockers ATTACKED BY 2 Bears.
2 Witnesses/Bears are sent forth to prophesy/Attack for 42 months, just as they Attacked 42 members of the World's Mob, for those 1260 days (or 42 months, 3½ years ).
The 2 Witnesses "are" like the 2 Bears, who ATTACK for 42 months, just as the Bears attacked 42 mockers.
91. Pentecost is coming up. We reap what we sow. We must know what to do and apply God's principles in love.
92. Romans 5:5 says that the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit, which was give to us. And as many as are led by the Spirit of God these are sons of God, 8:14.
93. Galatians 4:6 tells us, "And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, 'Abba, Father!' "
94. Read Ephesians 4:14-16, 1 John 4:10-11& 16 & 21.
95. Those led by the Spirit will produce love in life. Ephesians 5:1-2.
96. I Peter 1:22 tells us to love one another fervently.
97. Put on love, the tie that binds. Colossians 3:12-14, the garment of Christian love. Let all that you do be with love. I Corinthians 16:14. Love should be the motive for all that we do. This is applying the Omer count.
98. Don't abuse your liberty in Yah, and turn to your "liberty" to your destruction. Galatians 5:13.
Manifest in ACTIONS: That you walk by the Spirit of love.
99. Romans 5:5 Our Father poured out love to us and we "are" to share it with others.
100. The second GREATEST commandment is:
To "love" your enemies.
Mt 5:44 “Love your enemies,”
"Love" your enemies, so that you can be "true" sons of your Father. Matt 5:45.